My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

No shirt, No shoes, No shop

This is what it is like to shop with 3 kids at 5pm on a schoolnight. Cherub 1 is trying on a (much needed) winter coat, I am begging her to stop asking me to buy her sparkly shoes, earmuffs and other things that she can't live without. Cherub 2 (boy) is trying on girl jellies (member the 80's shoes made of plastic that are bendy). The jellies are clipped together with one of those plastic things so you don't steal them, so he is hopping around, falling all over the place and laughing hysterically. I don't care how much of a scene he is causing because he is happy, not whining or hiding under the racks. Cherub 3 is in a shopping cart stripping because he is mad that he is in a shopping cart. He is in a cart because if he isn't, he runs away and hides. Of course, we are attracting unwanted attention. Some random old lady, while giving me the evil eye because I can't control my kids, tells cherub 3 that Santa is watching and he better stop taking off his clothes. She was trying to teach him the no shirt, no shoes, no shop rule. I wanted to teach her the not your business, not your life, not your place rule and remind her that Santa is watching her meddle in my life. I resisted because I know Santa is watching me too. Wicked good time.

1 comment:

Sarahviz said...

Ok, this gave me a full body shiver! Not a fun time, huh?!