My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shopping with Sparky

Cuz the kids were still under the weather tonight my 5pm dinner and shopping girls night with college roomie got canceled. :o(

When baby sister (aka sparky-yes I blew your cover) stopped by at cherub's bedtime and told me she was going to the nearby Joanne Fabrics I couldn't ask hubby fast enough if I could escape. Remember, I have been trapped in the flu house for days!

At Joanne's 3 weeks ago, I purchased 4 sets of fleece to make blankets at the cost of $140. Tonight, everything was FIFTY percent off and I got 5 sets for $77. What the? I am happy about tonight but can you say I got screwed 3 weeks ago! Then woman who was cutting our fleece told us that we weren't buying enough fleece for each blanket (even though I told her I've made them before, not a novice) and that we weren't picking colors that match. Someone needs to tell her that I have graduated from the 80's when I used to buy everything in different shades of one color. We are hip now and we can match. Even if I was buying BUT UGLY fleece that DIDN'T match...isn't that my business? Isn't the customer ALWAYS right? I asked nicely how much an item was b/c there were no tags. Her answer was, 'there are price scanners all over the store'. Ummm, aren't you at a REGISTER? Wow.

Moving on to Kohl's we got some great deals. Sparky was making fun of me b/c I was so slap happy at the end she said it was like 'Oh, I met a Sally once, I'll buy her a present. Oh, I met a Joe once, we'll get him one too.' We were DYING laughing all the way home, even when we were semi stuck in the snow b/c we were so slap happy and tired! Funny.

Of course when I came home with bags, hubby said, 'I thought you were done?' In other words...thanks for spending more $. Sigh.

No comments: