My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fire and Ice

Hubby is stuck on his business trip because of the snowstorms for another night. I was so proud of myself when I built my very own fire today in our fireplace. I even managed not to burn down the house! It reminded me of our camping trip this summer when we taught the kids how to build a campfire. Every time they built one, they would hold up a stick with a tiny flame on it (I know it sounds dangerous but it was well controlled) and yell out 'ME MAKE FIRE!' and proceed to giggle forever. Well tonight, I turned to cherub 3 and yelled, 'Me make fire!'. He burst into tears and said 'IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WHEN DADDY DOES IT. IT IS TOO SMALL'! My pride shrank a little but it was still there. It was a darn good fire.

Later tonight, while hubby is no doubt eating a 3 course meal in his comfy hotel, renting a movie and getting ready to sleep in his king size, really comfy hotel bed, I learned how to use the snow blower for the first time...since we have 6 or so inches of snow. The first few minutes was fun and empowering but now I am just sweaty, smelling like gas and my hands are still shaking from the vibrations. Could care less about being proud now, I just miss hubby.

No comments: