My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, December 3, 2007

Legwarmers and Lights


We are resurrecting the 70's. During our festive day yesterday, we brought up all the Xmas boxes from the basement to start decorating the trees. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Slam on the breaks, stop right there. Are those BIG lights for the tree? I haven't seen those since 1975 and I wasn't sad about that. My hubby was (rudely) insistent that we were hanging them on the tree, even mil had a scared look on her face when hubby was flippin on me when I tried to say they may look better outside (like in the back yard on the pool fence?). Realizing after that cherub 1 had picked them out (why didn't he just say that in the beginning) I gave in and cheerfully tried to keep them on. Hubby threw a tantrum taking them all off, which put cherub 1 in tears and us in a fight (all in front of the inlaws. :o) I firmly said (while he was taking them off) "no we are leaving them on, using both and we are going to have FUN!". So far, not so much. Mil laughed and repeated 'we are going to have fun' (yup, that was me, demanding fun). So breakout your legwarmers and gouchos b/c we have brought the 70's back and we are having FUN!
Picture: Cherub 3 hanging the angel on top of the tree. It was really hard to get him to the top with a vertically challenged dad, really tall tree and lots of laughing. We thought we were going to lose them both into the tree. After, he successfully hung the angel he exclaimed, "Can you believe I got it way up there?" So cute!!!


No comments: