My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Hangover

My friend & I started Black Friday with the rest of the females in the land by awaking at an ungodly hour, slipping on Xmas socks (that was me), grabbing our caffiene and heading out to the stores in hopes that we could catch a few Christmas bargains. We were surprised to be greeted by swearing drivers, grumpy shoppers and long lines. My dear friend hit the nail on the head, we think people forget what they are out doing in the first place. After the first two stores we were giddy when we we finally found nice sales people (Xmas miracle in itself around here), no lines, and sales at our least favorite store, KB (b/c it is so small and crowded). We felt guilty b/c we were just bad mouthing the store. Never again!

After arriving home I was told by my hubby that 'I am disgusting' because my car was a pit. The car should be condemmed after the week we had, however, I am positive that it has seen worse days and that there may have been a nicer way to say it (he agreed). Following that, my daughter (exhausted from staying up late on the holiday) told me she didn't want to live in our family anymore because we were all selfish and rude. Hmmm. What happened to the thankfulness, cheer and peace we experienced yesterday on Thanksgiving Day?

No comments: