My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Man's Job (Rated R for Content)

After composing himself from the shock, my husband thanked me last night because the house, including the dreaded tile bathroom, was spotless. We started talking about house jobs and he suggested I make a schedule of jobs (Monday- bathroom, Tuesday- dust etc). I told him I resist the schedule (remember my earlier post of a friend that had 'sheets day'). He laughed and told me his Vavo (Portuguese Grandmother) even had curtain cleaning on her schedule. Are they really supposed to get cleaned weekly??

(Hang in there...I am landing the plane soon...this one is a long one.) He said if I made a schedule even he would adhere to it for his jobs (right! he doesn't even remember to put out the recycling on odd weeks...imagine the pileup when you miss a week). He asked me what I thought was a man's job. I started listing (I admit an 'old fashioned but how I feel' list of chores) "taking the trash out, cleaning the garage, shoveling, changing light bulbs (we have those really high up, ugly, ceiling lights)". He interrupted my rambling and asked "why is changing the light bulb a man's job, because it involves screwing?" Funnnnnny.

No comments: