My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Homophones in 2007

We, found the Wii! My Lesley girls will appreciate this as a modern example. We could have used this one to study for the dreaded MTELs! We, Wii. Two words that sound the same yet are spelled differently and have different meanings. Times have changed. It reminds me of the first spelling test I ever gave to 3rd graders. One of the words was 'cell'. I started to use it a sentence, 'our bodies are made up of trillions of tiny cell(s).' The students were baffled. One of them raised their hands and asked 'Isn't it like a cell phone?' Get with the times, I thought to myself while stifling my laughter.

No comments: