My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Thursday, November 15, 2007

How much can you carry?

Ok. I tend to be a stress eater. You can imagine what 3 kids, 1 husband, 2 families, and going back to school for my Masters did for my waist line. I recently cut out a magazine article titled 'No, Thanks, I'm Trying to Lose a Bald Eagle by Christmas!'. Huh? It tells us pounds are so limiting. Instead of 'I need to lose 12 pounds, say I need to lose a bald eagle'. It is actually gross and it puts things WAY into perspective. If you need to lose 20lbs, you actually need to lose a 'standard vacuum cleaner'. If you are me, you need to lose a midsize microwave oven (36lbs). Imagine carrying around a microwave attached to your belt everyday (who am I kidding about a belt). I have the article hung on the outside of my cabinet. So to get to my 'needsomethingtoeasethestressfood' I need to see the table of pounds vs. items and so far it is working. For Christmas, I want a belt from Santa. :o)

No comments: