My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, May 2, 2008

List Poems

So, in the spirit of my students who have been studying poetry, writing poetry and participating in poetry shares, I will share one of their favorite types of poems with you. They love list poems. This is when an author writes a poem that makes a list of something. Their favorite titles were 'Things to say to get a cookie', 'things to say to skip your homework' and 'things to say to stay up late'. These poems are actually hilarious.

So here is my list poem.

Things to say when it is FINALLY Friday!
-White or Red?
-Were we able to get a babysitter?
-Can you say takeout.
-I'll clean tomorrow.
-Not a bad week, only one nervous breakdown.
-Time to pack a big bag to take home to correct.
-Are the uniforms clean?
-Ahhh, breathe.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: