Cleaning up after breakfast, a surprise visitor stopped by, a MOUSE. Apparently staying at the Hyatt located in my kitchen waste basket! What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting woman would do:
2)take the wastebasket outside to the deck
3)dump the contents overboard, that's right, trash and all
Hubby was a little horrified about the trash part but HELLO what else could I do?
In the middle of a math lesson, my overhead projector wouldn't turn on. Strange. I never usually have a problem. I unplug the plug, jiggle it, plug it back in. Hit the red button. FLAMES! That is right. The cord sparks and a flame bursts. What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting teacher would do:
1)Hold in my scream
2)Keep the kids safe and calm
3)Blow out the flame
4)Call the appropriate people
Since the flames went right out, the biggest concern became the smoke. I opened all my windows and the students out of the area. We were cleared to stay. Smoke only lasted for a minute or so.
I arrive home after baby sis's pinning (wonderful, religious ceremony where graduating nurses receive their nurses pin and say the nurses pledge), and cherub 2 is AWAKE? What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting mom would do:
1)Give small lecture on why he needs to go to bed for the sitter
2)Give huge hugs and kisses and tuck him in
3)Pass out from exhaustion