My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What did I do you might ask?

7:20am-
Cleaning up after breakfast, a surprise visitor stopped by, a MOUSE. Apparently staying at the Hyatt located in my kitchen waste basket! What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting woman would do:
1)SCREAM
2)take the wastebasket outside to the deck
3)dump the contents overboard, that's right, trash and all
Hubby was a little horrified about the trash part but HELLO what else could I do?

10:10am-
In the middle of a math lesson, my overhead projector wouldn't turn on. Strange. I never usually have a problem. I unplug the plug, jiggle it, plug it back in. Hit the red button. FLAMES! That is right. The cord sparks and a flame bursts. What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting teacher would do:
1)Hold in my scream
2)Keep the kids safe and calm
3)Blow out the flame
4)Call the appropriate people
Since the flames went right out, the biggest concern became the smoke. I opened all my windows and the students out of the area. We were cleared to stay. Smoke only lasted for a minute or so.

11:00pm-
I arrive home after baby sis's pinning (wonderful, religious ceremony where graduating nurses receive their nurses pin and say the nurses pledge), and cherub 2 is AWAKE? What did I do you might ask, what any self-respecting mom would do:
1)Give small lecture on why he needs to go to bed for the sitter
2)Give huge hugs and kisses and tuck him in
3)Pass out from exhaustion

No comments: