My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm A Poet and I Didn't Know It




Ever say that when you were a kid? Come on, admit it. Well, the majority of my new students told me they do not like poetry and were not really that excited to study it. Wha? We are going to have to have some serious fun with poetry to change their minds! There is a website that has some fun poems under the category 'yucky poems'...

http://www.gigglepoetry.com

Some of the poems on that website I would NEVER use in a classroom but some are cute. Check out the Ish one. We could use that with our kids too!

I just ordered the tshirt above. It is kind of a joke with my Lesley girls. We took a science course that was all about haiku's? That's right. After we observed nature, we had to try to write a haiku about it? Ummm, shouldn't I learn how to teach kids about motion, gravity, rocks, ANYTHING that has to do with science in MY SCIENCE COURSE? Try to make sense of that. Ah, I digress, again. Anyway...as part of our 3rd grade study of poetry, my students will all make their own tshirts with a haiku on it or some other fun poem they are the author of. I love this shirt because it teaches people not to be afraid of poetry.

1 comment:

melissious said...

That is SUCH a great idea, to have them make t-shirts. I think they'll LOVE it! I couldn't read what was on the t-shirt, though, it was too small. :)
Sounds like you're doing a great job!