My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Disco is NOT here to stay!

My in-real-life-friends have a room in their house called 'Man Town'. This is the room that hubby's all over the world watch football on their monsterous tvs. My hubby has a bar and (tiny) tv in the basement but has never had a true Man Town. So,we decided life is short (after all that has happened to us this week). He got 'permission' to go out and buy a 42" plasma and literally ran out the door to the store (before I changed my mind).

Why did he need permission? Simply because his (ridiculously) monsterous tv was going to go in my (on the small size), pretty, antique furniture filled living room. So, he was told to buy a pretty one. Not a gauky, ulgy thing. Oh yeah, they are out there.

With all the choices out there, he bought the UGLIEST one they sell. I tried to choose my words carefully, but simply WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THE DISCO VERSION OF WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS? It is SHINY (more like metallic) black. It looks ridiculous. I need to wear sunglasses so the glare doesn't blind me.

It is NOT like it was even on sale. It was expensive. I guess you have to pay for the hard to find, ugly plastic version of a tv. He was very understanding of my hatred of his new prized possession. He promised to replace it with respectable, classic version.

In case you are wondering, I don't care how much you might think that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. You are right, life is short. So we should watch football on a PRETTY tv!

GRRR.

No comments: