My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, January 4, 2008

Carpe Diem

(Sorry for the snoozer of a post...)

Yesterday was a rough day on the balancing scale for me. I had a tough time keeping it all in perspective. With only a week left before working full time and 2 sick kids I let my nerves get to me and having my Dad flip out on me about that didn't help (he is nervous that they won't be better before I start-join the club!). I felt trapped in my (messy) world/house and isolated. I guess it was fate that I didn't get a job for this full school year since I have spent more than half of the time cuddling sick kids. It is unbelievable. Everyone is telling me they are just getting it all out before I start. That is starting to seem like one of those lines you give people when you don't know what else to say.

You have to keep it in perspective though, keep your own scale balanced. Here's why. This week my family had to say goodbye to my childhood neighbor who lost his battle with alcoholism. He was only 37. Life is hard sometimes, he struggled to find his answers. Imagine the weight on his parents shoulders. That has to be the worst kind of pain, losing a child. At times like this, everyone asks why?? Why would God take such a young man after he suffered so much?? During his funeral mass, our pastor told us that God was saving our friend from his suffering here and bringing him to a place where he could help people like he tried to do when he was alive. It brought us all peace. Some people would say that is a line that people give too, but I am deciding to take comfort in it.

So don't let the little things weigh you down, they do not hold as much weight as I thought they did this week. Don't let them tip the scale, I am not gonna let them. So chin up, cuddle with babes, re-organize house after taking down Xmas and start fresh. My great aunt always said (and signed all her cards) "Carpe Diem" (Seize the Day). Now that is a line you can use.

No comments: