My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho


Lunch with the girls today. Mexican food, margarita's, more shopping, many laughs. Good time. These napkins were part of my bday gift from long time friend, MC. Hysterical! That is me diving in for my sanity!

I am preparing for the first day of work. I am very jittery. I have had many a first day in my past, however, not as a teacher. It is different as a teacher. You don't go into work and shadow someone for a day, have someone show you around, or learn the ropes. You go in and teach. Instantly. Scary. One of the units I have been preparing for my kids is on poetry. Here is one that I can't share with my 3rd graders...
Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's off to teach I go
Had some margaritas today
To make the nervousness go away
Hi Ho Hi Ho
Ok, off to pack lunches, backpacks, take out clothes, fill out forms, complete first day lesson plans, and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour; all while watching one of my fav shows Brothers and Sister's. Yes, I am doing all that so we can have a possible SNOW DAY. I hung my plaque up on my door that I got from baby sis for Christmas. It says "Please snow, I am a teacher". Wouldn't it be funny if I had a snow day my first day?
PS- Happy Bday (again) teachermom! I have a treat for you!


2 comments:

melissious said...

Hi just found your blog from one of your friends. Looks like you're having a snow day on your first day! Good luck, though! I graduated with a degree in education... but I'm using it on raising my own little brood instead. :) I remember being so nervous my first day of student-teaching, and that was WITH another teacher. I can't imagine being ALONE in a classroom!! I don't know if having an extra day will help or not, but enjoy it!

In (Not So) Perfect Balance said...

Welcome to the scale!