My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Promotion Day

I have been all over the board. I have been:

A FT working mom with babies in daycare
A PT days working mom with babies in PT daycare
A PT night working mom with no daycare, yet no sleep to speak of
A FT stay at home mom
A FT student going back for masters, FT mom to three
A FT teacher with kids in school and or daycare.

So as you can see, I can relate to your troubles, in some form. Whether it is daycare, diapers, commuting, boredom, stress, puking, bosses, sleep deprivation, blablabla. Whatever. I have had my share.

Don't worry. I am going to get to the point.

A friend confided in me today that she is at the FT stay at home mom stage and her college friends are all 'successful', working out of the house. She is feeling like she can't relate. I totally felt her pain-having been there. Being a FT stay at home mom can be very isolating. Isolated, even slightly, can make woman think crazy. The type of thinking that leads them to believe they are not as successful.

My question is, why do we not see how important and valuable we are while raising our kids whether we have a second job outside the house or not? I wanted to hug her. I tried to assure her that she has to change her thinking so she doesn't keep going down. If you have to, think of yourself as the CEO of your household. Any mom, again, whether or not she has a second job, probably makes more decisions that directly impact a human emotionally or physically in one day than a 'real' CEO does.

Give yourself a promotion to CEO. You deserve it!

No comments: