My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, September 26, 2008

Doggy Emergency


Haley- beloved family doggy
age 10
(I know, isn't she cute!)

Our first baby, our dog Haley, had a seizure today. Probably a mini-stroke following complications from Lymes Disease. They are not sure yet. Thankfully she is ok though! Cherub 3 and I were sitting playing Candyland and Haley was acting strange. Gasping, left side of her mouth droopy and her backend shaking. It was scary.

The strangest thing is that I have had my share of emergencies. Mom with strokes, Dad with heartattacks, kids needing stitches etc. I am always calm, decisive, and very matter of fact about the steps to take to make everyone ok. I usually breakdown after the emergency is over. Notsomuch today.

Haley was mid-seizure and I was pan-ick-ing! I called hubby to ask him what to do. Dah! How 'bout the vet? That would have been a good call to make. It was like I lost all sense of reason. Anyway, he calmed me and met me at the vet where I proceeded to excuse myself twice in tears. Get a grip already.

Thankfully she is acting great with no apparent neurological damage that is impairing her physically. They ran some blood tests and will call me tomorrow. It has been a couple of hours and I am still shaken.

We love our puppy. She is like our first 'baby'. We are blessed she is ok.

No comments: