My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, September 1, 2008

One for the Books

RLF, G&T met us for anniversary night away (*dah* with separate rooms at the inn). It was like a flashback to pre-kid era the way we giggled our way through the 24 hour reprieve from life with kids and stress.

Anticipation will kill ya-
Normally, our 1hr, 55min trip to inlaws house takes just that, 1hr, 55min. Saturday morning, not so much. We were so excited to get away the left hand thought the right hand handled breakfast for the cherubs so 15 minutes into the ride when cherub 3 asked, "Can I have McDonalds?" we had a quick, did you feed him, no, did you conversation. So, we took a poll. 1/3 of the cherubs had breakfast. (Not such a good result. BAD parents! For the record, that was a first for us.)Stop one, pancakes to go. Stop two, I have to pee. Stop three, I have to go poopies. Finally, arrival at the inlaws. Love to stay to chat but we have to goooooooo! 2 1/2 hrs later.

Just a dab'l do ya-
Arrival. We meet G&T and head to the tent set up at the inn. They are having a vodka and beer tasting. Twist our arms. Hubby convinces the taster guy to just give us some bottles (it was easier than giving us another taste). We were happy, relaxed and ready for an adventure.

Bike Bar Crawl-
We actually had so many laughs I am not sure I can re-create the day properly for all readers to understand. I will try:




****I have wet your appetite for the stories...but I am tired! Tune in tomorrow for more updates. Sorry! Nighty, night.****

No comments: