My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, February 11, 2008

Please Specify

A non-specific threat. That is police term for someone wants to hurt somebody (or lots of somebodies) but we don't know the important things like who, when or where. My school received one of these threats over the weekend. Burying my uneasiness, and despite the police presence, I went to work today to come together with other staffers to keep our kids safe.

So, on a lighter note. Can we apply the term 'non-specific' to any situation we want? I will complete my report cards with non-specific grades. Do you think that the parents will believe I am doing my job? Probably not.

I am going to cook dinner a non-specified amount of days this week (leaning towards only 4).

I did a non-specified amount of laundry today (that's right, none!).

I will lose a non-specified amount of weight this month.

Not that we want all the details while the police solve the case, but wouldn't minor details like who, what and when the target of this threat is be of some importance?

I suppose that we can't leave an anonomous note, "Dear threat maker, can you be more specific please?"

No comments: