My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Yes Gal


I love school vacation for three reasons. The obvious reason, I get to spend time with my kids! Second, I am happy for them. They are free to roam the world without a schedule. They play, play, play and play some more. I love listening to them giggle and play creatively with their friends. There is nothing in this world sweeter than a child's giggle.

The third reason I love school vacation is purely selfish. I love being the "good guy", a.k.a., the yes gal. I get to take a break from the nos that make me a mean mom. I don't have to say no to more play time because we have to do homework. I can say yes to sleepovers, playdates, and more impromptu adventures. I can even say yes to staying up late! We are all having way more fun because it is vacation!

Being the yes gal is way.way.way better than being the no gal.

No comments: