My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Two's Company

Three's a crowd.

You know the old saying, right? Well that is my house. Everyday. The title of my blog is "In (Not) So Perfect Balance". Think of it really, two on one side of the scale, one on the other. The scale is ALWAYS tipped one way or the other.

Before 8am today, before my coffee, I had already referee'd two major arguments in which both times, cherub 1 was 'left out'. (I guess it is her turn today.)

Here is my advice to the world who is considering having a 4th child. DO IT. Obviously, having a 4th to "even it out" is not a good reason to have one (hence, why I didn't) but to be perfectly honest, hubby & I talk all the time of our sneaking suspicion it would've helped sometimes. When 4 kids are in the mix and they start ganging up on each other (face it, it is part of growing up no matter how much I teach them to include all), there would always be a partner to be 'left out' with.

So, as you can imagine, I am THRILLED that we are having a snow day today. I just pulled an old mommy trick. I got the BIGGEST box that we have and a thing of markers. Let's make a fort!! Ahhh, peace for a few minutes.

No comments: