My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, January 26, 2009

A New Goal


Officially, I am in training. Over many drinks Sat night it was decided. We (hubby, L, B, & I) set a goal to run a half marathon this fall. At the time I thought it was hysterical but when I woke up this morning feeling like my body was 90 instead of 37 I put on my running shoes.

After the kids got off to school I took care of a few odds & ends and set off. Here is my first day:

1) Huh, the missing sole of my sneaker actually is a problem b/c when I was running little pebbles get in there. New sneakers needed. Yes, baby sis, I am finally giving in.

2) It is very important to have your ipod charged ALL the way. When it clicked off half way through I fought to keep my mojo. It is already plugged in for the next run. :o)

3) Don't answer your cell while running, even if it is the much awaited doctors office b/c you don't have your calender in front of you. I now have to call back to reschedule the appointment I made.

4) I realized how much I MISSED running. Alone. Without my little cherubs in tow. I can fly, not be paranoid about traffic and lose myself in my tunes. I feel guilty about that. Pause. I am over the guilt.

5) When it is 9 degrees out it takes approx 1 minute not to feel your nose and 15 minutes until your legs feel funny.

6) I now need to wash my gloves b/c it was 9 degrees out and I didn't bring any tissues.

7) I know, you want the skinny. How far. I ran for 20 minutes and walked for another 30. For me that is probably almost 2 miles running. Remember, I haven't run in a while.

8) I can't wait for the next one. :o)

1 comment:

Sarahviz said...

Awesome MB! I wished we lived closer so I could train with you!
(I actually love running in the cold - much more than the heat.)