My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, January 26, 2009

Etiquette is a lost concept?


Daddy not home, mommy not cookin.

I picked up the cherub's and they were starving after school. Off to Friendly's we went. It was one of those bizarre nights that they actually got along, liked their food and shared stories.

There was a mom with an approx 15 yr old daughter sitting next to us. The mom kept trying to talk to me b/c her daughter was texting her friends THE WHOLE TIME. She said that my kids were bringing back memories b/c now her's don't talk to her.

I was horrified that the WHOLE time we ate, this teenager did not get off her cell. Text,text,text. How about manners,manners,manners? I am not saying that will not happen to me someday but I think I would simply TAKE IT AWAY.

What is wrong with our world? Those of us that still remember Emily Post are cringing right now over the lack of table etiquette.

No comments: