My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lost and Found

Having a WONDERFUL morning, we were on time, almost ready for school when cherub 3 had a little melt down over what shorts to wear. He wanted to wear his new 'Easter' shorts but I tried to explain that since he couldn't do the button by himself it wasn't a good idea (trying to avoid an accident). This made him very mad. I laid out 3 pairs of shorts and asked him politely to choose, get dressed and come downstairs. I made my way down to finish making the lunches.

He never came back down. LOST.

A TWENTY minute search ensued. Cherubs 1 & 2 helped me search the house and the yard, all three of us screaming his name, over & over. That is when cherub 1 told me a scooter was missing. I hopped on my bike and searched the neighborhood. No cherub 3. In tears, I told cherubs 1&2 I finally decided to call 911 b/c we couldn't find him ANYWHERE. As soon as the word 'police' came out of my mouth, cherub 3 appeared.

FOUND.

I burst into tears and hugged him for a full 3 minutes I think. Of course my tears of relief made everyone else cry in the room. When do they ever see mommy cry? After I stopped, I told him how much I love him. I then told him not to EVER, EVER, HIDE AGAIN. We talked about his frustration and how he could have handled it instead of hiding.

20 YEARS OFF MY LIFE LATER, we went to school in a subdued mood. When he got off the bus that afternoon he gave me a HUGE hug. I think we were BOTH extremely happy to see each other. Later I learned the 'missing scooter' was in hubby's trunk-not from cherub 3 using it.

No comments: