My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Motto Added: Do Your Best. Period.


It feels like fall. The air is a little cooler, we have our back to school haircuts done, our school supplies purchased. Cherub 1 has been reading lots, packing her pencil case and talking about 3rd grade. Alot. She told me that she knows that school is getting closer.

I asked her if she was nervous about anything. I figured new grade, new school (ours closed-merging with another), new bus, new friends. She answered, "No, it is just that when I know school is closer, I can't get all my math out of my head!" She is stressing? At this age? She continued, "I am nervous about the tests they will give me." I assured her that they will not test her on anything she is not prepared for and she shouldn't worry at all. Do your best-that is it.

I don't think in the third grade I EVER worried about a test. What is this world doing to our kids? As a (new)teacher, I have seen first hand some students get all uptight over tests, MCAS, etc. I am determined that my own kids know that our motto is "Do your best." Period. No stress.

No comments: