My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Giving to those who need to Receive

Today we donated our old changing table and strollers to a local charitable organization. The organization gives to families in need. Just seeing their warehouse filled with mattresses, backpacks, carseats and everything else that a family needs made me want to give back. More than just the few items I was donating.

I want to show my kids that giving can be better than receiving in this 'thing' driven world.

So, faithful readers. You are from all over the world...so I am asking. How do you teach your kids this important lesson? Do you have traditions? Do you volunteer? Leave me a comment...tell me your thoughts.

No comments: