My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Re-arrangers

That's me. I take after my dad. Constantly re-arranging furniture. Switching things up. It gives one the illusion that things are moving. Changing. Not boring. Hence the blog face lift. Needed a change. A little sompin sompin.

When someone talks about re-arranging it always reminds me of my dad. When I was in my late teens, early twenties, my dad's bad back caused him to sleep on the couch. So, the family room was his bedroom. His rule, when you came home, wake him up and let him know.

Every once in a while, after a good night of partying, I stumbled in and headed straight to the couch and whispered "Dad, Dad, I'm home." His flash light would go on from across the room where he was lying on the couch. I then would focus and notice that I had been talking to the once was couch- now re-arranged to be an empty chair.

The re-arranging didn't start with my Dad though. It is a generational thing. He said he used to come home and his dad would put the footstool mid-room. He would fall ass over tea kettle before even saying "Dad, I'm home". I guess I liked my dad's subtlety better.

Hope you like the new sompin sompin style. If not, hang tight. It'll be time to change again soon.

No comments: