My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Breaking into the Boys Club

I am starting to think that getting a job in the teaching field is similar to breaking into the boys club at the golf course. Not b/c we are literally going against boys, it's just that as a new teacher it feels that the stack is against you.

I have had four different interviews so far. Each one completely different, yet all the same. I am complimented on my poise, my interview skills, energy, ideas- you name it- but they are going with 'the more experienced' person.

I spout out all the right things to my friends in this position 'it will happen', 'a school would be lucky to have you', 'fate will bring you to where you should be'...I guess I need to spout them out at myself b/c this morning...not feeling so confident.

I am generally a half glass full person and HUGE believer in fate, so fate it is. Enough about me. Time to go have a ball with the kids today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MB - you are honestly the best person ever to be a teacher!! I can't wait u to get "your" first classroom! Those children and parents will be so blessed and lucky to have you change their lives!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

MB - you are honestly the best person ever to be a teacher!! I can't wait u to get "your" first classroom! Those children and parents will be so blessed and lucky to have you change their lives!! xoxo