My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Monday, April 7, 2008

Scream Away

Most families have a bedtime routine. We read books and sing songs before tucking snug as a bug in a rug. It is always the same 4 songs too. Started with lullaby. Mr Sun was added on years later. Hubby added Rudolph and Silent night (he said he didn't know any other songs). Imagine singing xmas carols everyday, all year! So now we sound like the A.D.D. song people, it is a lullaby, nopes its xmas, nope it's a lullaby, ha, it's xmas. But hey, it works, the cherubs pass out to the lovely sound of my voice.

Except tonight.

Cherub 2 is SCREAMING from his bed, "You didn't sing silent night! You didn't sing silent night! No you didn't, no you didn't, no you DID UNT" Which of course I did.

I have tried the nice sweet mommy approach, the tough mommy approach and now I am just letting him scream. I would put on a vaccuum if it wouldn't wake the other two. This must have been what it was like to have a colicky baby, scream, scream, scream.

Pretty soon I am gonna scream (and cry). Oh, and I do know that it would have been easier to just SING IT AGAIN but now it is a matter of principle. As college roomie says, it can go from so good to sooooo bad, so fast.

No comments: