My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 14

So, hubby has been amazing. It is day 14 of my ankle injury and he has had to do everything around here, on top of working. This week he has also had to clean out the rest of the old house because we close tomorrow. So, he is tired. I get it. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him. I have thanked him a million times...given him a really nice card.

WHATEVER.

The past 4 days I have been KILLING myself to walk (limp actually) around to do all the things I normally do. To take the pressure of him. There are some major limitations though. For example, I can do the laundry (if you bring it downstairs). I can fold it all (but you have to bring it upstairs-and put it away). I can pick up your messes (but it is EXHAUSTING and then it starts all over again). I still can't drive. I still can't bed down and get things off the floor.

So, this morning I was frustrated when I tripped on some clean laundry on our bedroom floor. Tripping on laundry while on crutches is kinda scary. It feels like you are going to go flying. So in my frustration, I blurted out something like "I am so sick of my house looking like this! I wish I could put it all away. Did you put these here?"

His response. "If you don't like it, why don't you just CRAWL AROUND and put it away yourself."

I actually wanted to trip him with my crutches so he would have to CRAWL AROUND. I guess he is done playing Mr. Mom...what do you think? Good thing I love him.

No comments: