My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sock Box

Ironing is overrated. That is what I remind my husband as he tears his closet apart each day looking for an appropriate, wrinkle free work outfit. Must I remind you that June Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver) did not have the option of buying 'wrinkle free' shirts. They are mandatory in our house. If you buy the old fashioned kind, you are on your own.

I actually have a very good friend who still celebrates 'Sheet Day'. That's right, every Thursday she changes all the sheets in her house. My husband would probably settle for 'Clothes in the drawer day'. Come on, you know what I am talking about. On any given day, two to three laundry baskets FULL of clean clothes that haven't been folded or put away (hmmm, see where wrinkle free comes in handy?) are lined up in our bedroom.

I actually think I am doing pretty good. After years of dedication, I finally surrendered my 'socks box'. A few years ago, my m-inlaw was babysitting and she asked cherub 1 'where are your socks'? My daughter innocently replied, as if EVERY normal child had one, 'they are in the sock box'. When my m-inlaw questioned my (inefficient) organizational practice of keeping all of our socks (not matched up) in one basket, a.k.a. 'The Sock Box', I shrugged her off. After wasting many (zillions) of hours and practically missing the bus many times in search of 'the other sock', I finally have matched our socks and filed them appropriately in drawers. I am all grown up!

Moment: When cherub 1 opened her drawer for the first time (after I surrended the box) and said 'Mom, look at all these socks!'.

No comments: