My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The new normal.

It hit me yesterday that even though life is not normal anymore without Patsy, I still need to preserve our memories in the only way that works for me. This blog. So here is some normal. It is the new normal.

Last night cherub 3 & 1 had plans and hubby was working late. I gave cherub 2 the choice of where he & I could share dinner together. The cherubs do not often have their own time with hubby or I so we both treasured last night. Cherub 2 talked for almost an hour straight.

I learned the updated version of:

*the things that made him happy to be going to middle school next year (yikes!)
*the things he was uncertain of
*who was mean during their daily 4th grade recess football games
*who was most "popular"- we talked about being popular and how none of it matters
*he shared with excitement his most recent writing project in school, a brochure on the state of Delaware

He recently won a raffle at cherub 1's school with all merchandise with our town name on everything. He was sooo happy to win something! Cherub 1 was supposed to bring it home yesterday for him. This is his version of the conversation between him & cherub 1.

Cherub 1: Sorry, it was another name they actually picked out. They made a mistake, you didn't really win.

Sidebar: "Mom, I knew she had to be kidding."

Cherub 2: Huh?

Cherub 1: But you can get the mail if you want cuz you got mail instead. I already checked it.

Sidebar: "Mom, I KNEW that she must be playing a joke. I could just FEEL the sarcastic (aka sarcasm) in the air!)"

Cherub 2: Ok. Checks mail. Finds huge bag with raffle winnings.

Cherub 2: I knew it!

Sidebar: "Mom I totally knew she was tricking me!! It didn't work!!

No comments: