My photo
Our life is full of wonderful, chaotic, blessed, hysterical, insane, magical, sad, scary, sweet, mind boggling, moments. While balancing life with 3 cherubs, parents, sisters, BIL, In-laws, 1 teaching career, and many good friends; I find that our life is moving far toooo fast. It is important to cherish and record the moments as we consistently try to balance our scale (God forbid I make a photo album)! MB

Friday, September 25, 2009

It is all about how you Recover!

Can you believe we have been so busy that I FORGOT I used to blog. Like, everyday. It wasn't until I was teaching my little 2nd graders about how 25 pennies would weigh more than 20 and showed them with my hands up in the air (one higher than the other) that I pictured the scale from my blog page.

I love, love, love teaching. However, working moms balance a very delicate mix of juggling balls. If one, just one of those balls falls, it all unravels. Add a hubby that is gone every other week on business and it is a sure fire guarantee that that one of those juggling balls will fall. Everyday. What I have learned this year...what I hope to teach the cherubs...it is how you recover that matters.

Oh, you want a funny? How about the fact that I can't keep track anymore. I actually didn't know my own kids had a 1/2 day until last night at 9pm. That's right. Best mom of the year award. Try keeping two school schedules balanced (among the sports schedule etc).

There are just too many falls from grace (balls falling) to catch you all up. How about this one for a chuckle. My fourth day into the school year, I get a call from my new sitter. Cherub 2 is "gone". WHA? I am panicking from work. I called in my neighbor for emergency backup and my sitter & I nearly lost ours mind. Within minutes he was found hiding in the dining room. BLECH. Imagine the feeling in my heart I had when I heard he was GONE. Gone. Gone. My mind was racing. After gracefully recovering (or not so much) from that first near tragedy, within two hours my kids school called all my emergency backups (b/c I was in class and didn't get the call apparently) b/c cherub 3 is sick. BabySis saved my but and picked him up. BigSis saved my but by taking him the next day. BIL and BigSis continued to save my but by taking him the rest of the week. Ah, huh. That was fun.

So, since then, it is all how you recover. I have come to terms that I will mess up. Alot. I have to try my best, just like I teach the cherubs and my students and follow my mantra "no worries" (courtesy to RLF, K). There is always tomorrow. Tomorrow the scale might be in balance.

No comments: